Sunday, February 21, 2010

Decisions Made...Finally!

After much angst and turmoil, I have big news: I've finally chosen wedding colors! On June 18, 2010 I will be surrounded by pale pink and champagne. It's such a relief to finally choose something and go with it! I've taken a random poll of friends, co-workers and even one person I had known for five minutes, and the general consensus is that I'm a "pink" person.

I've also chosen two bridesmaid dress styles from J.Crew that I love! I'm waiting for the "summer pink" color swatch to arrive in my mailbox, hot off the J.Crew press, before I make a final decision. I'm either going to go with champagne dresses and pink flowers or soft pink dresses and white flowers. I think it's really strange that I have literally debated bridesmaid dresses for months and I managed to choose my wedding dress in one day.

Yesterday Kristen (one of my bridesmaids) and I celebrated my birthday with a girly brunch and manicures. After that, we went shopping and I found jewelry and shoes for my wedding dress. I love everything I've chosen so far- I can't wait to see it with the dress! I'm headed home next month for my first dress fitting and I'm also having my first shower. I'm excited- I've become a master at throwing showers over the years but I have no idea what it's like to be on the recieving end!

Miles and I also chose our wedding bands last week on Valentine's Day, so I'm ordering those this week. I'm also working on invitations right now so I can take those with me to Arkansas next month. My mom has forbid me to address ANY wedding invitations. Finally, my horrible handwriting is finally working in my favor! My "Jessica and Miles To-Do Before I Do" list is getting shorter by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment