Monday, February 1, 2010

From Russia With Love

I know it's been awhile since my last post...I don't know how it's February all of the sudden! I'm comforting myself with my lack of new posts by reminding myself that the term "engaged" implies you are busy. : )

Here's a status update on the wedding plans:
  • I think I have finally found a caterer- I'm planning on signing on the dotted line tomorrow! I'm so relieved that I have another big item off of my list.
  • We are sending out Save the Dates to any guests that don't live in Arkansas and/or people who have no clue what's going on for June 18! I'm hoping to get those by this weekend so I can start addressing them and getting those out the door.
  • My wedding dress will be in on March 12! I can't wait to try it on for the first time when it will actually fit properly. I'm planning on flying to Arkansas the following weekend for my first fitting.
  • I still haven't chose "wedding colors" and this has been a source of great anxiety. I've always thought I would have yellow bridesmaid dresses but that idea went out the window when I found the yellow ballroom we will be having our reception in, so it's back to the drawing board. I like far too many colors- it's a problem. I've had a few nightmares where the whole wedding ends up looking like a giant Easter egg...not exactly what I'm going for here.
  • Tiffany (one of my NY bridesmaids) and I went to check out some bridesmaid dresses on Sunday. The shop was super cute with a lot of options, as you can see here:
I loved a lot of the dresses, but the customer service was so horrible I couldn't bring myself to actually give them my business. It was very "Pretty Woman," bridal style. The lone attendant literally ignored Tiffany and I for a full hour after my appointment in favor of the one other prospective bride that was also browsing, so we ended up leaving. I was tempted to toss out a "I have money to spend here!" Julia Roberts-style, but I figured that wasn't the classiest response so I restrained myself.

I'm a member of the New York Junior League, and our Winter Ball pre-party was on Friday night. Miles, Christie and I went and it was so much fun! The theme was "From Russia with Love" so there was a lot of vodka and fur stoles floating around the house that night.

Miles and I


With Sabrina and Christie
Our voluntary "shift" at the check-in table

On Sunday, I met up with my fabulous friend Jenn at Tea & Sympathy in the West Village. The place was adorable and Jenn and I had fun despite the frigid January temperatures. Look at how cute our teapots were:


2 comments:

  1. Cute pics from the NYJL party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pics! T and I are visiting NY next March so you'll have to give me some suggestions of where to visit :)

    ReplyDelete